4 floor building which consists of
- Ground floor:
Outpatient clinics, Clinical pathology lab, Sterilization room, Conference room.
- 1st floor:
- Research lab, Management offices, Computers room.
- 2nd floor:
- Operating theater, Library, Ophthalmology clinic.
- 3rd floor:
- inpatient wards : 4 rooms with different Categories .
Activities of the unit :
1. Clinical management of the patients:
Outpatient facilities : there are 3 outpatient clinics:
Diabetes clinic, Ophthalmology clinic, diabetic foot clinic:
Inpatient facilities : There are 8 beds manage
Surgical Facilities: The unit has an operating theatre
Clinical pathology lab:
2.Areas of research and development :
Major areas of research include:
- Clinical trails for newly developed drugs for management of diabetes inEgypt
- Research for replacement therapy:
- Pancreatic islet transplantation research.
b.Stem cell research.